These DVDs incorporate on-site video clips, animations, and graphics to enhance the learning and viewing experience. Over the past two years, The Light Brigade staff has used its extensive experience in training and education to develop individual DVDs that focus on fiber-optic disciplines and related products. These menu-selectable DVDs allow an instructor to tailor the course and subject matter to a specific audience. In addition, each DVD includes added bonus materials such as instructor and student quizzes.
This DVD addresses how to use fiber optic test equipment to troubleshoot fiber installations during both the acceptance testing and operation phases. Learn how to identify problems, their locations, and what equipment and techniques should be applied.
· Typical problems in single-mode and outside plant applications.
· Common problems in multimode and premise applications.
· The importance of documentation and accurate records.
· Identifying the proper equipment for the task at hand.
· Basic transmitter and receiver troubleshooting.
· Where and when to use an OTDR.
· Recalling and overlaying OTDR waveforms.
· Visual inspection and cleaning.
· Connector problems, such as contamination, crossovers, mis-keying and misengagement.
· Identifying microbends and macrobends.