These DVDs incorporate on-site video clips, animations, and graphics to enhance the learning and viewing experience. Over the past two years, The Light Brigade staff has used its extensive experience in training and education to develop individual DVDs that focus on fiber-optic disciplines and related products. These menu-selectable DVDs allow an instructor to tailor the course and subject matter to a specific audience. In addition, each DVD includes added bonus materials such as instructor and student quizzes.
This DVD focuses on the OTDR, including how they function and operate in practical application. Learn how to use it in various testing scenarios including new technologies such as FTTH, PMD, plus conventional LAN and OSP applications.
· Basic OTDR Theory.
· The history and evolution of OTDRs, from mainframe models to fiber break locators.
· The development of mini-OTDRs and their use in the field today.
· Specialty OTDRs.
· New platform OTDRs, used for testing PMD, CD, DWDM and incorporating OTDR modules, optical switches, and visual inspection scopes for standard and advanced fiber technologies.
· The effects of chromatic and polarization dispersion.
· Specialty OTDRs and optical subassemblies.
· OTDR settings and user menus.
· An in-depth review of how the OTDR is used, what the user should test for when performing acceptance tests, splice performance, optical return loss values and total span testing for both outside plant and premise installations. Connection of an OTDR to a fiber under test.