These DVDs incorporate on-site video clips, animations, and graphics to enhance the learning and viewing experience. Over the past two years, The Light Brigade staff has used its extensive experience in training and education to develop individual DVDs that focus on fiber-optic disciplines and related products. These menu-selectable DVDs allow an instructor to tailor the course and subject matter to a specific audience. In addition, each DVD includes added bonus materials such as instructor and student quizzes.
This DVD provides knowledge about the various types of fiber optic test equipment and how they are used in testing a fiber optic link. Multiple types and levels of equipment are included in the DVD.
· The theory and operation of basic fiber optic test equipment.
· Selection of the proper type of optical loss test equipment based on your application.
o Optical loss test sets.
o Visual tracers.
o Fiber identifiers.
o Fiber optic talk sets.
o Visual inspection equipment.
· Acceptance testing and maintenance postures.
· The testing of both multimode and single-mode premise applications.
· The challenges of testing single-mode in the outside plant.
· Recording and documenting test results for both acceptance testing and maintenance.
· New technologies and disciplines.